To protect the SETPOINT® system from the elements, a Weatherproof Housing (WPH) is available in NEMA 4 / IP66 (painted steel) and NEMA 4X / IP66 (304 stainless steel). The WPH can be ordered with or without a viewing window and in sizes to accommodate 4-, 8-, and 16-slot racks. When external power supplies are used, they can be mounted in the WPH (for 4-slot and 8-slot racks only) or in a separate power supply housing (VC-8000/PSH) specifically designed to accommodate the power supplies. For racks mounted in a panel cutout, the WPH can be ordered as a door kit only, providing protection of (and access to) the rack’s touchscreen display and wiring connections while sealing against the elements. The WPH is constructed of high-quality materials and features a removable door for greater ease of access during rack installation and maintenance.
Part Number: VC-8000/WPH
- Removable door simplifies access to internals when installing the system or performing maintenance.
- Curled lip around all sides adds rigidity and prevents dripping water or other liquids from entering the enclosure when the door is open.
- Robotically poured-in-place seamless gasket ensures a complete and durable water-tight seal.
- Highly-quality construction utilizes premium materials and continuously welded corner seams that are ground smooth.
- Quarter-turn “T” handle with key lock ensures positive closing and restricts access to authorized personnel only. NEMA 4X versions use stainless steel materials for handle and lock.
- Self-extinguishing polycarbonate window provides easy viewing of rack and optional touchscreen while enhancing enclosure durability and personnel safety.
- Pre-drilled hole patterns on inner panel simplify bulkhead mounting of rack and DIN-rail mounting of power supplies.
- Heat-fused polyester powder applied electrostatically on a pretreaded base to all enclosure surfaces3. Helps assure maximum coating adhesion to protect base materials.
- Heavy-duty die-cast hinges allow door to swing a full 180 degrees for ease of access. Door can also be fully removed without use of tools.
- Ground strap with anti-vibration hardware is included between door and housing body to ensure all parts of the enclosure remain tied to earth ground for safety.
- Anti-vibration flange nuts assure inner mounting plate will not vibrate loose, even when enclosure is mounted on a machine deck or other surface subject to vibration.
- CSA certified and UL listed to assure an enclosure that is constructed to globally recognized safety standards.
1078951 MX2020/WPH & MX2020/PSH Weatherproof Housings
1077785 MPS System Overview
1079330 MPS Operation & Maintenance (ENG)
1140127 MX2020/WPH & MX2020/PSH
1160865 MPS Hazardous Area Installation