The SM-610 Safety Monitor modules are the result of an extensive development concept based on decades of experience and the modern design techniques. The result: High-speed, compact data acquisition modules that integrate a number of powerful features. Virtual “plug-and-play” status may be achieved with only minor on-site changes to the module configuration.
Make your choice of suitable modules from the following categories:
SM-610-Axx – The flexible modules
These Safety Monitor modules can be configured very flexibly. They are designed for monitoring almost all kinds of rotating machinery, with a special focus on the Oil & Gas, hydroelectric and conventional power generation industries. For more information, please refer to the product specifications in the DOWNLOAD box.
- SM-610-A02/03 – The flexible “allrounders”
These Safety Monitor modules count among our bestsellers! They are suitable for all industries (oil & gas, power generation or process industries) and combine a variety of measurement options with a high input and output channel density. The large number of individually configurable measurements allows a wider variety of monitoring tasks to be realized with the same modules. With only one Safety Monitor module type, stock keeping of spare parts for critical machines is also much easier. Exchanging a module is very easy as they are “hot swappable”, i.e. not impacting the monitoring functionality of other modules.
- SM-610-A04 – Multipurpose at its best
The SM-610-A04 module offers cost-effective professional machine monitoring for all industries. With its six-channel input, it is easy to monitor many different types of machines. The Safety Monitoring Workstation (Software Type 7126) facilitates measurements and the visualization of measurement values.
Here are two examples to illustrate the machine protection with SM-610-A04:
1: Monitoring of a Generator cooling-fluid pump in an nuclear power plant
2: Monitoring of motors and pumps in a power station
- SM-610-A05 – Process/Air Gap/Voting
The SM-610-A05 module is suitable for a wide range of applications. When it comes to monitoring hydroelectric machinery, it is the perfect supplement to the Safety monitor module SM-610-A06 because it provides the Air Gap measurement and limit monitoring as well as the measurement and monitoring of process parameters.
- SM-610-A06 – Dedicated Monitoring of Hydroelectric Machinery
Hydropower plants have specific needs for both protective and condition monitoring. As these machines (turbines, generator and pumps) work in very different machine states, vibrations measured on bearings, axis and cases have to be measured against different limit values. A variety of machine states and different limit sets must be processed by the Safety Monitor module. The different machine states pumping, generator operation or idle status each put a different stress on the equipment, and each state requires an individual set of limits for safety monitoring. As machine states can change very rapidly, an automatic selection of the current state is vital.
This flexible module allows you to define up to 8 different machine states. For each machine state you can define individual Alert and Danger limits for each measurement!
- SM-610-A07 – Perfectly suitable for Oil & Gas Applications
For many machines in the Oil & Gas industry, it is not enough to monitor just the vibration signals. It is important to also monitor the axial postion and process parameters to get a more complete picture. Protective and predictive monitoring help optimise the safety and the output of your machinery. As a result of its wide input capability, only one type of module is needed to fulfill your monitoring requirements!
SM-610-1xx – Pre-configured modules for special applications
These modules are designed for special applications like rod drop measurements for reciprocating compressors or monitoring 2-spool gas turbines. They are also used for monitoring axial position measurements with predefined 2 out of 3 alarm voting logic for or just as transmitter functions with fast and reliable limit monitoring. Because of their pre-configuration, these modules are fast to commission and easy to use. Choose from the following:
- SM-610-107: AC/DC vibration and axial position for e.g. steam turbines
- SM-610-108: Casing and/or shaft vibration of a machine with up to four bearing supports
- SM-610-109: AC/DC vibration of a machine with up to two shafts turning at different speeds
- SM-610-112: Process parameters, axial position and speed of a machine
- SM-610-113: Transmitter channels with full protection capability
- SM-610-115: AC/DC vibration of a machine with up to five rolling element and/or journal bearing supports
- SM-610-138: AC/DC vibrations of a machines using vector measurements
- SM-610-139: Rod drop of a reciprocating compressor with up to four cylinders
- SM-610-140: Rod drop of reciprocating compressor with up to six cylinders
- SM-610-145: AC/DC vibration of a machine using vector, speed and axial measurements
- SM-610-153: AC/DC vibration using vector measurements and axial position (2-out-of-4 logic)
- SM-610-160: AC/DC vibration of 2-spool gas turbine
- SM-610-168: AC/DC vibration using vector measurements and axial position (1-out-of-4 logic)
For more information, please refer to the product specifications in the download box.
SM-610-T01 – Temperature Monitoring
The Safety Monitor module SM-610-T01 is designed to monitor temperature limits and perfectly supplements any protection and condition monitoring application.
The T0x series offers direct temperature sensor inputs and a flexible measurement and relay logic configuration. Therefore all requirements for real limit monitoring of temperatures are met; additional converters are not needed. The modules offer highly accurate temperature measurements and therefore ideally supplement every machine protection installation.
For more information, please refer to the product specification.