2019 PI World in San Francisco: SETPOINT® for Power Generation
Portland General Electric putting comprehensive vibration data into the PI System
- No online condition monitoring data when machinery decisions needed to be made
- Incumbent system required expensive additional infrastructure
- Offline approach was too reactive and involved 10-hour round trip travel to and from the site
- SETPOINT® Edge Device streamed all vibration data into existing PI System
- Eliminated separate infrastructure; used PI System already installed
- All data in same "system of record" for ease of vibration / process correlation
- Accessible to everyone in the plant
- Allows PGE to use their existing Advanced Pattern Recognition (APR) software for advanced, automated analytics
- WAVEFORMS IN PI!! (The key to accurate analysis)
- Overall company risk significantly reduced
- PGE can now identify critical assess health accurately
- PGE knows when they’re healthy (and when they're sick)
- Data analysis done in 1 hour instead of 15+ hours.
What is an OSIsoft user conference?
OSIsoft holds annual user conferences, now called PI World, in both San Francisco and Europe each year, assembling for than 2000 customers and ecosystem partners as an opportunity to network with peers, learn from industry leaders, and exchange best practices for leveraging operational intelligence using the PI System.
Presentation with Steve Sabin, VP of Marketing