In 2016 Brüel & Kjær Vibro (B&K Vibro) was selected to install and commission the VC-8000 machinery protection systems and SETPOINT® condition monitoring software at the relatively new Omsk polypropylene plant Poliom. Since then the B&K Vibro’s monitoring system was extended to other machines in the plant in 2017 and will be further extended in 2019. A number of compressors, pumps and an extruder are currently being monitored.
BPA, the authorized channel partner and service provider for B&K Vibro’s monitoring system in Russia, did the installation and commissioning work, including setting up the condition monitoring measurements, alarm limits and display screens in the SCADA system.
Alexey Vostrukhov, Russian Sales Manager for B&K Vibro, says “There were mutual benefits for the close cooperation we had in the project. It was intentionally planned to do the installation in three stages so that the user could learn using the system for condition monitoring as experience is gained. This also facilitated us to fine-tune the monitoring strategy of the machines for earlier fault detection and optimal diagnostics. In fact, a couple of measurement techniques were developed specifically for this project. We are happy the Poliom technicians and management team are satisfied with the comprehensive monitoring solution, and we feel honored to receive their vote of confidence.”
Customer satisfaction letter (translated from Russian)
To: A.O. Chaus, General Director of BPA LLC
From: A.M. Sozonov, Deputy General Director – Chief Engineer, Poliom, LLC
Dear Andrey Olegovich!
Since 2016, the BPA’s specialists have been carrying out the installation and commissioning of the SETPOINT monitoring systems from Brüel & Kjær Vibro on various types of machinery at our plant.
The project scope included:
- Detailed design development and its implementation to improve safe operation of our industrial machinery
- Installation and commissioning of the system hardware
- Configuration, maintenance, and optimization of the system software (SETPOINT CMS)
The project has allowed us to achieve the following goals:
- Ensure safe usage of the plant equipment
- Provide operating personnel with accurate and reliable information about the mechanical condition of the plant equipment
- Provide online monitoring, diagnostics, and prognosis of the condition of bearings in the equipment
- Provide advanced warning of malfunctions of the diagnosed equipment for planning, timely replacement, and repairs
The specialists at the Department of the Chief Mechanical Engineer confirm that the system was installed with good quality expertise, that good service and timely technical support was delivered, and that the BPA specialists have proven to be both responsive and competent.