Brüel & Kjær Vibro: Pioneer in Machine Monitoring Solutions
Ensuring high availability of rotating machinery with intelligent monitoring solutions, Brüel & Kjær Vibro has been a global forerunner in this field for decades. Whether for wind or hydro power, the oil and gas sector or other industries, numerous leading companies rely on our innovative solutions, high level of expertise and dedicated service.
Brüel & Kjær Vibro is independent of machine manufacturers and suppliers of process control systems. This allows us to develop solutions that are tailored to the interests of our customers.
Our headquarters are in Germany and Denmark. With subsidiaries, surveillance and diagnostic centers and distribution partners on every continent, we are close to our customers in around 60 countries.
What makes us special:
- Clear values. We are passionate about good vibrations for all stakeholders: Our customers, employees and shareholders. Our vision is to be the leading independent supplier of condition monitoring, and our mission is uptime for our customers' rotating machinery.
- Actively engaged. We are actively involved in international standardization bodies such as ISO, VDI and DIN. We also cooperate with selected end-users and machine manufacturers in developing some of our monitoring solutions.
- Sustained success. Brüel & Kjær Vibro is a member of Spectris plc, a leading supplier of productivity-enhancing instrumentation and controls.
Brüel & Kjær Vibro's mission is uptime for our customers' rotating machinery.
Brüel & Kjær Vibro's vision is to be the leading independent supplier of condition monitoring.
We are passionate about "Good vibrations" for all stakeholders: Our customers, people and shareholders.
Brüel & Kjær Vibro nurture the following values:
Increase the availability, performance, and reliability of your machinery with our machine monitoring solutions while minimising maintenance costs.
Our product portfolio includes:
- Online systems for machine protection, condition monitoring, performance monitoring and diagnostics
- Portable vibration measurement instruments for offline machine monitoring
- Sensors for vibration measurement
- A full range of accessories
Our clients appreciate our commitment to quality. Because it is no coincidence that many of our units are still in use 20 years after being put into service. This is due to our extensive quality management system, which we regularly review and develop as needed.
Select from our range of individual products or opt for a turnkey solution.
- Comprehensive offerings. Project management, drawings, commissioning, factory acceptance and on-site testing, documentation and reporting.
- Dedicated service. Tailored to your requirements, from system maintenance and modernization, staff training, remote data analysis and error detection, to advanced diagnostics and service contracts.
- Over 60 years of experience. We are proud partners of long-term clients ranging from medium-sized companies to world-leading businesses.
Brüel & Kjær Vibro – A tradition of quality
Leading technology for more than 60 years, today Brüel & Kjær Vibro is the world’s leading independent supplier of protective monitoring, and knowledge-based condition and performance monitoring solutions for rotating machinery.
We have subsidiaries and distribution partners on every continent, so we are close to our customers in around 60 countries. Part of this dynamic development is that we established surveillance and diagnostic centers on the three continents, located in Nærum/ Copenhagen (Denmark), Houston (USA) and in Beijing and Shanghai (PRC).
The German company, Schenck Vibro GmbH, and the Danish company, Brüel & Kjær CMS, joined forces in 1998. These two leading European monitoring system manufacturers came together to form Brüel & Kjær, Schenck Condition Monitoring Systems – the predecessor of today's Brüel & Kjær Vibro. Both partners in the joint enterprise brought together decades of experience in condition monitoring, diagnostics and machine protection, and the alliance continues to deliver the product lines from both companies.
Over the years, we introduced a number of initiatives, such as:
- Design and development of the first commercially available piezoelectric accelerometers
- World’s first balancing machines
- First to integrate portable data collectors with an on-line condition monitoring system
- First to include profile type alarm limits on FFT and envelope spectrum measurements
- Development of advanced techniques required for rolling element bearing and gearbox fault detection and analysis including: Constant Percentage Bandwidth (CPB), Selective Envelope Detection (SED) and Cepstra measurements
- First to use digital signal processing in condition monitoring systems
- First to develop and use neural networks in a commercially available machine diagnosis system (ADVISOR)
- First to include performance monitoring as part of an integrated condition monitoring system
- First dedicated wind turbine condition monitoring system
- First in providing remote diagnostic services and actionable information to both OEMs and end-users
1881: Carl Schenck founded the Schenck Iron Foundry
1905: The company developed the first balancing machines
1942: Brüel & Kjær founded
1950: Brüel & Kjær presented their first measurement microphones
1974: Carl Schenck becomes a stock company ("AG")
1990: First contact between Schenck and Brüel & Kjær
1997: Schenck Vibro GmbH founded
1998: Joint venture between the two companies: Brüel & Kjær, Schenck Condition Monitoring Systems
2001: New company name: "Brüel & Kjær Vibro"
Brüel & Kjær Vibro is a member of Spectris plc, a leading supplier of productivity-enhancing instrumentation and controls.
As member of the Spectris Group, we share a common Code of Business Ethics which is rooted in our core values, seeking to expand these into a fuller set of guiding principles. Prescriptive rules cannot be formulated for every business circumstance, but our values and the spirit of the Code guide us towards the appropriate and ethical course of action.